Thursday, May 19, 2011

AI: Top 3

I'm in a bit of a shame spiral right now.

I actually liked Scotty's first two songs last night.  

I didn't want to.  But his boyish charms won me over.  For two songs.  Then the last song I hated which felt good.   My guess is he will win this thing.  If he can make a curmudgeon like myself smile in spite of myself, what did he do to all of America?  Oh well.  I did love being reminded Baby Lock Them Doors though.  I laughed and laughed.  By myself.  So....anyway.

Haley.  Was.  Awesome.  I LOVED her dad out there.  It made me get a little emotional thinking about how amazing that must have been for them both.  Her songs were cool.  She is cool.  I can't even believe she is the same person who had that red lipstick smudged all over her chin from the microphone.  She was practically a baby then!  Now she's all growed up.  Her fall was nervous-making for me but the judges were so good about it.  Steven Tyler made me cry a little too when he said "It's not how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up."  I know it's cliche but it was a totally cute thing to say right then.  And she did carry on with very little disruption.    I'm always worried about those girls bounding up & down those stairs in those crazy heels though.  FINALLY my worries were for a good reason!  Loved her Stevie Nicks song too.  And I liked the chorus of You Outta Know but the verses seemed a bit low for her.  I have no idea what kind of album she'll put out.  Should be interesting.

Lauren.  First song = two thumbs down.  Second song= I can't even remember what it was cuz she's so forgettable.  Third song= ANYONE can sing I Hope You Dance and sound good.  That's why people like it so much.  Even I can wail that song in my car and sound amazing.  I give her no props for that one.

So, the bottom line is LAUREN better be gonzo tonight.  Because if we have an all country finale I just might shoot myself/not blog about it.

9 comments:

Markie23 said...

I've been a fan of Haley long time. Her first song should be enough to guarantee her a spot in the final, if not the whole shebang. And her dad can jam!! Very impressive.

SteveB said...

Well it has been a very crazy week for us at home with my daughter being in the hospital for 5 days. All is seemingly well now.

On to the show...I know most of you now are on the Haley bandwagon, but I think both Scotty and Lauren are so much more likable than Haley. There is something not believable with Haley, whether it is her running around the judges which looked dumb before she fell (the way she recovered from that was actually very impressive), then she did it again, because the judges liked it. She gets mad and does a lot eyerolling. I am not into that at all. Anyhow, maybe the lipstick on her chin put me on a downward spiral with her. She did sing well though.

Although Country is not my favorite I still am all in on Scotty and Lauren. I really liked all of their songs ( I am getting like the judges, I guess). I voted for both of them. That being said I think Lauren is going home which will make me sad, because that means I have to see Haley one more time!

Carol said...

Steve B- whatever--I loved Haley--to death!! I've decided I actually WILL buy a Haley album. I actually loved the whole show (minus the Byonce video). I think Lauren will go home but if might be Haley cuz most of America is not as smart as I am. Here's hoping.

Markie23 said...

Haha... that video! I was actually embarrassed for Beyonce.

Morgan's Visual Idea journal said...

Who cares. One by one I watched my favorites get voted off and now that James is gone, it might as well be Fantasia and Diana Degarmo up there again. I couldn't even bring myself to watch it last night. I kept starting it and then pulling up my guide to see what else there was to watch. I think I am done for the season...

SteveB said...

You know I had to comment about this show! I do apologize to a lot of you, but I am dancin' in the streets this morning. Couldn't sleep all night! (Actually, I think I fell asleep, when my head hit the pillow, but go with me on this!) If you all did not know, I have maintained my dislike for Haley; although she has improved I will give you that. I will also give you that if you don't like country you are forced to go with her.

I actually went back to the beginning in March where I was invited into your exclusive group (thanks again!). There were quite a few of us voting Haley off early (our esteemed blogger, my "whatever" friend Carol at least twice ;-) and my favorite co-worker Michelangelo twice in the same show!). My dislike for her started quite early during the lipstick debacle. It was fun to look at some of the comments back then though. (Landee, your blog will last forever. I can't wait to show my kids it when they grow up! Okay, I got a little too excited there. Sorry about that.) Anyhow, I am at least glad that most of you all agreed with me early on.

Anyhow, I hope you all have a good weekend and Landee I really hope that you do your blog next week! Maybe they will sing non-country for you!!

Krissy said...

Waa, wa, wa. This is going to be the most anticlimatic finale. I was rooting for Haley, well first I was rooting for casey and then James and then Haley, but now they are all gone. I don't know how excited I am about an all-country finale.

Here's my deal with lauren, why did she have to go country in the first place? I liked her so much better in her auditions and Hollywood week when she wasn't singing country all the time. Her voice is so much bigger than what she's been singing.

Hot Pants said...

I ffwd the entire show and deleted it. Now I'm pissed because someone fell down. I started out in love with this season, now it is a major snoozer.

StandsMom said...

The best part of the results show was the look on Haley's face when they announced it was Lauren. Ooooh boy she was ticked. Sorrrrrry!!! :) I'm not particularly attached to any one of them. So I can make fun of them all. Just based on talent tho, Scotty better take it home.