After the funtivities were over up at the cabin, we all headed back down to Phil & Milly's house. But did we just veg at the house cuz we were all dead tired? Did we all just take naps and try to recuperate from the constant entertaining-of-kids which had occurred for the previous 4 days?
Not if this one had anything to say about it.
That's SM2003 explaining how this whole thing was gonna go down. But first a wider shot of the decor.
The events are as follows:
1) Ring toss (no photos taken)
2) Treasure Hunt on the Shore of the River (SM2003 had buried some candy and little toys in the sand earlier)
3) Obstacle Course
Here is Mr. Thomas navigating the intense Tire Running portion of the obstacle course. There were also Army Crawling Under Chairs, Walking On Rocks, and Scooter Riding segments as well.
SM2003 had brought a bunch of funny dress up props. Here are a few of my favorite concoctions.
5) Bobbing for Water Balloons: Not as easy as it looks, folks. Especially for a couple of the kids who were missing some front teeth.
6) Visor decorating! (aka, make your own party favor)
7) Then a lunch of "carnival foods" such as hot dogs, chips, drinks, etc. And for dessert? A Cupcake Decorating Station, of course!
Although the THOUGHT of pulling this off was exhausting, once it got going (I was feeding off of SM2003's energy there for a while) it was fabulous. The kids loved it & will, no doubt, want to do it again year after year. We are hoping that next time the older kids will want to help out at the stations more which would make it easier on us.
PS I highly suggest getting yourself a SIL/aunt like SM2003 ASAP. Just FYI IMHO.