- We ended up raking & bagging & dragging out to the curb 9 bags of leaves. "Operation Leaves Blow Into the Neighbor's Yard" didn't work out as well as we'd hoped. Dang fences in the backyard.
- After 2 1/2 years of being in this house I now know exactly what light switches turn on what set of lights. Um, yes, this IS a big deal. We have this one place where there are six light switches all in a row. The last two are for a ceiling fan that isn't there... it took me a good year to stop trying those switches. So yeah, we're home.
- Last night, while JBird had basketball practice, I didn't feel like 1) keeping track of Beebs & Tbone at the practice place or 2) driving all the way home just to come back and get JBird an hour later. So we went to a McDonald's Playland close to where JBird was practicing. We had already had dinner so the kids didn't want anything. Not wanting to be rude by just using the playland I asked the acne-faced teenager (I know that's cliche but it was for realz) at the register for a large drink as it had one of those self-serve drink stations. He then asked "Is this for here or to go?" Really? For a drink? Ok, I said "To go" and then proceeded to sit down & drink it.
- Gty is doing Weight Watchers "Online for Men." It's hilarious. The man is now obsessed with points. He's lost a goodly amount of weight on it so the points obsession is going to continue. The problem is, now MY life revolves around points. He'll come in at, like, 4pm and go "K, babe, you got 13 points for dinner...." and I'll be like "Um no. YOU have 13 points, I have 100 points."
- I keep thinking my dog is dying. I felt an wierd lump on her neck a few weeks ago. I immediately think it's cancer. I haven't taken her in to get it checked so I still think it's cancer. Last night, she was pacing all over the place. She'd lie down for a minute, then get up, go 2 feet over, lie down again... etc. like she couldn't get comfy. I started thinking she was gonna die any second. Like this was how dogs acted when they were about to die & then I got sad. She didn't die though.
- My inactive sister is now dating an inactive guy for the first time in her life. I forsee in her future a calling as RS Pres. This is it, people, I can feel it. Aside from the fact that they are gettin' premarital, that is.
- Gty & I had a running man "Dance Off" at some friends' house on Saturday night. When he saw I was kicking his butt he pulled out the big guns and did the worm. I just let him have it. It wasn't worth doing my worm on those hardwood floors and my Roger Rabbit just can't compete.
- I think our mouse count is up to 22 now.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Here are some random things I feel worth mentioning at this time:
Penned by (who else?) Landee at 11:09 AM