- Labor Day Weekend we are off to TX. It is our only "official" family trip this year. For some reason I don't count trips where we drive to UT & hang out with family. Anyway, we are going down for the big BYU v. Oklahoma football game being played in the new $1.6 gajillion stadium that Jimmy guy built in Dallas. Along the way we will be seeing the Alamo and checking to see if it has a basement, walking the River Walk in San Antonio, going to a b-day party at the American Girl Doll Cafe (the boys are beyond excited, ahem), going to Medieval Times!!!, and tons of other cool stuff. After realizing I probably didn't REALLY wanna go to the game, Garret sold my ticket, Beebs' ticket and Tbone's ticket to the game on StubHub for a grand total of almost $1000. I then promptly turned around a bought a new camera lens (the Canon EF 50mm f1.4 for those interested in such things). It's already the best trip ever.
- TBone: Hey Mom, do you know what my favorite word is? ME: No, what is it? TBone: Pants. (I'll let you contemplate that for a while on your own)
- I'm putting together a slide show for an upcoming ward activity. It is of all the youth activities over the summer (youth conference, girls camp, high adventure, etc). I can NOT find/think of any good songs to put with it. Every song out there is about drinking or disco sticks. Any ideas?? So far I have "Roam" by the B-52s--it's perf with the young men hiking "through the wilderne-e-ess"). Thanks in advance.
- Tbone brought home a "I Made A Bad Choice" paper on the 4th day of school. I had to sign and return it. It was because she had "asked him 3 times to stop rolling around during group time and he didn't stop." I was like "Uh-oh, this teacher is not for the TBone." He was grounded from TV and video games for the rest of the night. I told him that if he ever got another one of those papers he would be grounded from TV and video games for a week. The NEXT DAY he brought home a SUPERSTAR paper (basically the "I Made A Good Choice!" paper). The reason? He sat in his spot nicely for all of group time. Ok, maybe Mrs. C knows what she's doing. We shall see what she says at the end of September during parent/teacher conferences. I think I may take up drinking.
- Gty & I are now thinking that we don't need to finish the basement. It is the perfect place for us to hone our Ripsticking (tm) skillz. It's a big loop with no hills or curbs. I'm way better than him, if anyone asks.
- I finished The Diplomat's Wife for the big SRBC meeting on Sunday (nail biter!). I am starting to re-read The Hunger Games here in about 5 minutes. I'm nervous though...what if I don't love Peeta as much the 2nd time around? What if I have fallen out of love with him? I'm nervous...it's been a while since we've been together. I've changed. I hope we haven't grown apart.
- I told you FB is fun.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Penned by (who else?) Landee at 2:27 PM