I have my fair share of villainous habits. That 3:30pm dose of Dove chocolate, for example. Also my need to have a beverage in the car at all times isn't helping stave off osteoporosis either (no, it's not milk I'm drinking). My hand just gravitates toward the cup holder several times during any given drive. When nothing is there I feel disconcerted, disgruntled and suddenly thirsty as heck. It's just better for everyone is there's a giant drink there, trust me.
Other habits of note (good, bad, and neutral):
- Checking my back pocket several times an hour to make sure my phone is still there. When I'm wearing yoga pants or other pocketless apparel and my phone is stuck in my bra (another habit I s'pose) it causes several fast & furious panic attacks as I check my non-existant back pocket again & again.
- When I take off an article of clothing I think I might wear again later that week (before laundry day), I drape it over the side of the dirty clothes hamper. I want to keep it aired out. If it gets bunched under some nasty, sweaty work out clothes then forget it. It's dead. The problem is, at the end of the week the tallish laundry basket is nearly falling over due to the fact that I've piled about 20 things on the edge in hopes of wearing them again.
- Bedtime routine: hair back in headband & pony tail. Brush teeth. Wash face. Get in bed, plug phone into charger (it's usually nearly dead by then), and proceed to check Twitter, Facebook, Google Reader and go my turn on any waiting Words With Friends games. Once I decide to go to bed (anywhere from 10:30pm to 2am) I rarely vary from this.
- I make my bed every morning. I have to. I'm not sure what drives me to do this, other than the fact that I love getting into a made bed at night. If, for some freaky reason, I don't make it in the morning, I will make it at some point through out the day. Even if it's 10 minutes before I go to sleep at night. Crisp sheets = my own personal heaven.
- Lists. I make lists about everything. I can't shop without one. I don't even get how people can do that. If I have more than three errands to do I have to make a list or else I'll most likely forget one.
- I always put my sunglasses on top of my head. There have been many times that I'll go up to do my aforementioned bedtime routine only to realize my sunglasses have been on my head since early that morning.
- After I laugh at something, I'll usually tag on this strange noise at the end. It's like a mix between a heavy sigh and a light moan. I have to believe it's some kind of a "wind down" I need after a big laugh. I really can't explain it any better than that. But it is annyoing, no question. "Hahahahahahhahahaha....::sigh/moan wind down::" See?
- When I drive I drive with my left hand. My right hand is usually resting on my gear shift or tucked under one of my legs. Apparently I'm not a "10 & 2" driver.