I thought I needed to step in here and defend my old friend, Jack Frost.
See, January thru March is my absolute favorite time of year. I love it. I shall bullet point the reasons below:
- I love winter clothes. I bought my first pair of Ugg boots 2 months ago (I know, I'm sooooo behind the times) and haven't taken them off since. I love jeans. I love coats & scarves. Jan-Mar are primo months for this kind of garb.
- I don't need to keep my toenails painted nice all the time because of said boots. Or shave my legs consistently cuz of said jeans.
- Crockpot meals & soups are always on the menu. Add some homemade rolls and you've got an easy and delish wintertime feast. You make these in the warm weather months and people are like "Wha?"
- After all the hubbub of the holidays everyone is totally burned out and there is nothing going on. As you know, I love empty To Do lists. Jan-Mar is one big blank sheet of paper.
- The coldness keeps the neighborhood kids at bay. They come over every once in a while but for the most part, everyone hunkers down at their own house. Peace.
- I don't feel guilty about TBone playing the Wii non-stop cuz what else is he gonna do? It's freezing outside!
- I love cleaning out cupboards, drawers, closets, etc but I have to be motivated to do it. After Christmas & three birthdays I get extremely motivated. Too much new stuff and no where to put it. I have been taking full advantage of myself and tearing through the house cleaning out closets & drawers like an insane person. Hurts so good.
- American Idol starts.
- 24 starts.
- Heroes is back.
- No yard work. No nagging Gty to mow the lawn AND weed whack (he's good about doing one, not the other). Raking the leaves is over. No flowers to water. Rest.
- No major holidays to plan for. What, am I gonna bake Groundhog's Day cookies and deliver them to the neighbors? Mmmmm, no. Valentine's Day is IT and that is doable.
- I can flip the switch and turn on the gas fireplace for ambiance without feeling dumb.
So see? How could you not love the dead of winter?
'Tis the most wonderful time of the year.