Apparently there are "parking lot issues" so the wards can't overlap.
::imagining what I would do to the person responsible for the design/size of our parking lot if I met them IRL::
BUT, I am NOT going to let this ruin all of 2009. And believe me, if I let it, it very well could. No no no no no.... if you were at all in doubt before as to the state of my general attitude, this post will show you that I am nothing if not positive. A glass half-full type person, if you will.
And I know you will.
I'm not saying that having 8:30am church is awesome, cuz it's not.
- I have to get up around 6:45am in order to get myself & the three chillins ready. Gty is mostly worthless in this department. He'll tell them to get their shoes on and that's about it. And he's hopeless with hair which is the most time consuming part so yeah. 6:45am.
- I have to have the "church bag" all packed & ready to go the night before. There will be no time for this in the morning so if I wanna make it through sacrament meeting with my sanity in tact this task must be completed Saturday night.
- My only "Guaranteed Sleep In Day" is now gone. Oftentimes JBird has a game on Saturday morning so I can't even count on Saturdays anymore to catch up on some zees. And now, Sundays.... gone.
- All lessons & talks need to be prepared in their entirety at LEAST by Saturday. There is no more time on Sunday morning to put the finishing touches/look at the lesson for the first time.
- We are DONE, finito, caput by 11:30am. That's right. By the time Jespy normally rolls outta bed, I've already worshiped & am home fixing myself a diet beverage.
- Fast Sunday is a cinch.
- No one REALLY expects you to be on time. I mean, they are proud of you if you are, but c'mon. If you are late for church at noon then that just means you're a poor planner. Now people get it. It's 8:30AM for cryin' out loud!
- Your hair & makeup (assuming you had enough time to do it in the first place) looks fabulous because it's freshly done. I used to be mostly ready by 10am and by the time I got to church every inch of me would be frazzled and frumpified. <--- true story.
- We can have a normal meal schedule. Before we were trying to cram in lunch before church. If we missed it then the kids were starving by the time we got home at 3pm. Such a pain. Srsly.
- You have a greater chance of fitting in the coveted Sunday Afternoon Nap. Before we would get home at 3pm. By the time you've changed clothes, eaten, etc. it's like 6pm. Take a nap then and you're hosed for the night. Now, when 3pm rolls around we're all fed, comfy & thinking "Maybe I'll close my eyes for just a minute." Aaaaaaaaahhh.
- No more using the bathroom at church. Rearranging church clothes after using the bathroom is a major pain in the nylons. By noon I would have downed at least 2 diet beverages and it would have hit my bladder just after sacrament meeting was over. Now, I maybe have time to down a bowl of cereal (very little milk) and so I'm now good to go until I get home.
So see, all is not lost. Don't cry for me, Argentina. A little PMA can go a looooong way.