Aaaaaaaah! I srsly feel like my kids are getting way too big waaaaay too fast. Make it stop!! Tomorow is TBone's 7th birthday and BeeBee's 3rd birthday. I'm dedicating today to TBone (cuz we celebrated today) and manana I'll do a feel good post regarding da Beebs.
Looking through these pics of Tbone makes me want to cry. He was so widdle tiny itty bitty! Always a squirt, yes, but back then he was a little squirt.
My labor with him was 3 hours start to finish. I was lucky that the hospital I had him in in Albany, NY didn't have a "window" for giving epidurals because I would have missed it. By the time we got to the hospital I was a "stretchy 7" (isn't that disgusting when they describe it like that?) and he was born maybe an hour later. He came out screaming and didn't stop until he was about 3. Unlike his brother who put himself on a schedule, TBone still has never had a schedule. He is his own man. I think that will work in his favor later on. ::crossing fingers::
So, here I give you his life in pictures. They are pretty much in chronological order with very little commentary needed.
his best W. impersonation ^^
^^what he did at Memzy's house
^^what he did at Memzy's house
^^ has always been super into American Idol
Top Ten Things You Need To Know About TBone
10) He loves anything the Japanese have ever produced.
9) He will usually eat the main dish but rarely eats any sides (including fries-- Wha??)
8) He speaks his mind but is getting better about realizing other people have feelings too.
7) His dad was his best friend until Gty took away his "buried treasure" (a rusty old screw he found out on the driveway when he was 2.5) and then it was over. He just barely forgave Gty about a year ago for that.
6) He cracks people up. Even his Tae Kwon Do master... "Ah Tanna... you funny boy, huh?"
5) He rarely gets his feelings hurt. A roll with the punches kind of kid.
4) He gives us a run for our money behavior wise but is the biggest gusher we have. It is not uncommon for him to say things like "Hey mom! Thanks for cleaning my room! It looks great!" or "I love my family" or (regarding dinner) "Well.... I don't hate it."
3) He will probably grow up to be a professional gamer. Jbird asks him for help on most games when he is stuck.
2) He has a size 18-24 month swimming suit that he can still fit into.
1) He loves that he is both a BIG brother & a LITTLE brother. He reminds us of that fact often indicating that is what makes him special. Here's to hoping the middle child syndrome is just a myth.
.5) I think it is physically painful for him to look at the camera and smile at the same time. So he doesn't do it very often.
He really is a hilarious kid. I cannot tell you the number of times people have come up to me and said "I just have to tell you the funniest thing TBone said/did the other day...."
So he chose Red Robin as the venue for today's celebrating "for the ice cream sundae they bring out." I'm giving him the "K, please smile & look at the camera" speech I always give and the subsequent result of that lecture. Uh-huh.
The folks at Red Robin made his dream come true. He insisted I take that creepy pic of him with his half eaten sundae.
And here is the loot he opened when we got home.
Sorry this is so freaking long!! But you know, a kid only has the day before his actual 7th birthday once.