Saturday, October 18, 2008

Am I still alive? It's hard to tell...

Ugh. I think I caught a nasty bug from Katie. I'm so mad at her. She should have warned me to spray my keyboard with Lysol before & after reading that post. As we were driving home from Utah yesterday, I started feeling a little car sick. This happens to me often as a result of having to turn around to pick stuff up for my kids, yell at my kids, look at something "really cool" my kids are doing in the back seat, etc. I didn't think much of it. But then, even when we got home my nausea was not going away.

At about 10pm the party got started.

I woke up every hour until 4am to barf. And in between the barfing I was having these crazy dreams so I'm not even sure I ever went to sleep.

I feel like I got hit by a truck. My abs hurt. My arms hurt (wha?). As I type this I am lying flat in bed with a splitting headache.

The good news is that this only happens to me about once every three years. So I'm free & clear for Seattle next week.

I'm sure you were worried.

10 comments:

Hot Pants said...

I have been! So many people have the flu right now I'm getting worried about me getting for our weekend. I was secretly hoping I would just get it this weekend and have it over with. I guess it's not a secret anymore.
Hope you feel better soon!

Markie23 said...

That's why I get a flu shot each year. Of course it could have just been Karma paying you back for not visiting your Utah blog buddies. Not that I'm bitter or anything. I'm sure Mrs. Wheatley, Mr. Darcy, and Lady Catherine de Bourg were much more entertaining than we could have been.

E said...

It happens to me once every three months. I'm very sickly. It keeps those pesky 3-5 lbs off my hips. And who wouldn't get the flu after visiting Utah? It's freezing there. (sorry Mark) I can't wait to hear more about Mrs. Wheatley.

Hazel said...

Sorry about that. Hey Amy, if you would like you kids can lick my bathroom floor. Come get it over with. Or I can spit in their food. Just so you know, I had two more days quite similar to the first day. Today we are healed!! We walked outside, and the bright sun burned our weakened retinas. I am pretty sure my house still smells like vomit though , but I've gotten used to it.

Memzy said...

I am soooo askeered that I will get something. Terrified!

Markie23 said...

Its too bad that you ALL couldn't have gotten sick while in Forks, and then you could have pretended you were having babies that were clawing their way out of you from the inside.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I just woke up from a three hour nap. It's like I am a single, no kids person who is sick or something. Gty is home, it's Saturday, I'm fully taking advantage. The pain of last night is paying off big time.

Markie, why do you want to lecture a sickly person?

danandcami said...

Hope you get feeling better soon! I hate that kind of sickness! Hope you did enjoy your trip though!

MorganStrasser said...

I usually just drink about a quart of egg nogg (if the season permits)
That usually does it...yea...

Ashley said...

I hope you feel better soon! That is no fun!