Anyway, with his new "job" he has to travel to Utah every other week (that's where his buddy and the work is). However, on his off-week he works from home. People are always like "Gty is out of town AGAIN? How do you handle it?" Well, you see, what I am is a glass-is-half-full type of girl so I look at the good in each situation. The reality is that I see him more now than I did while he was "working for the man." "The man" had him going in at the buttcrack of dawn and not getting home until 10pm at night- all the time. "The man" was calling him on Saturdays & Sundays and demanding he get into the office right away for some super important stuff. "The man" was a jagbag.
So what we have now is a nice situation where Gty flies out on Monday morning and home on Friday night every other week. What we have now is two separate but equal schedules that kick in depending on if Gty is around. What we have now are two schedules that each have their perks, if you look in the right places.
Schedule #1: Gty is Home
- We eat real meals as a family.
- I put BB down for a nap and head out to run errands free as a bird.
- Gty & I chat all day because he sets up shop right in the dining room off the kitchen (rather than in the office which is far away, and plus that computer is nice to keep open for the boys).
- We go out to lunch on occasion to hold hands & ponder life's big questions.
- We have FHE (I'm not motivated enough to do it on my own, I guess).
- He helps run the schedule of scouts/YW/football practice/TaeKwonDo, etc. It's like having another me running the kids around!
- We bite pillows on the regulah (teehee).
- We go to the gym together every day.
Schedule #2: Gty is Gone
- We eat cereal & frozen pizza all week.
- I go to bed whenever I feel like it.
- The dining room table is decorated nicely with fall decor and a table runner rather than a laptop connected to another computer monitor connected to a powerstrip connected to a pile of papers, etc.
- There is no talk of sports or sports watching.
- When I reach my hand into my bag of licorice, there is the same amount in there as the last time I reached my hand in.
- I get out of a lot of stuff because I just say "Well, I guess I could... but Gty is out of town so...." It totally works every time.
- I'm not late for my gym classes because Gty's not there to "hurry & use the bathroom" right before we're leaving.
::winking like the Orbitz girl::