::running around in circles pulling my hair out and screaming:::
Why? Why me? Why my basement? I'm almost to the point of having the home teachers come over and command them to leave.
That's 19 peeps.
In other news:
- I put JBird & his best buddy JBird W. on an airplane by themselves on Thursday so they could fly to Utah for the BYU v. Utah State game last night. They loved being unaccompanied minors together. I had stuffed JBird's backpack full of goodies, word search books and his PSP so I think they were plenty busy on their 45 minute flight. Gty picked them up at the SLC airport and they proceeded to have a great time.
- Gty & JBird flew home this morning just in time for JBird to play in the last half of his flag football game (they drove straight from the airport). JBird sacked the QB on the 5 yard line with a couple of minutes left. They won 12-6.
- Parent/Teacher conferences were this past week. JBird's went according to expectations, "He is such a smart boy, I've put him in the advanced math group, he is so great at participation! always raises his hand to answer the questions...etcetcetc." TBone's was a bit of a shocker, "TBone is doing so well! He has really turned his behavior around and is such a joy to have in class!" Wha??? I nearly fell off the chair but kept my cool as if I was expecting this. Apparently he just needs to work on his handwriting. I'll take it!
- I have somehow found myself in charge of the PTO Fall Event at the boys' elementary school. It will be this Thursday night. It's a pajama party. I will be a much happier person as soon as that is over. I'm not the voluteer/event planning type. Luckily I talked my BFF FowlerFam into helping me out. That has made it a gazillion times more tolerable! Even kinda fun? She's new to blogging so I'm totally pimping out her site here.
- Our BFFF (best family friends forever), The Wheatleys, moved to Utah this past week. I raided their freezer and got a year's supply of frozen chicken. WheatleyMom then brought over a box of things she wasn't going to take and thought I might want. As you read the list, please keep in mind she is the most FRUGAL person ever! She's hilarious. I don't think she's ever bought anything that she didn't either have a coupon for or that wasn't 90% off. K, so the items in the box: 5 ice cream cones (not the sugar kind, the foamy kind), one bag of Fritos with 14 chips left in it (I counted), 1/4 box of Reduced Fat Cheez-Its, 1 small stack of crumpled napkins, 1 Pop Tart (flavor unknown due to that foil wrap!), about 15 quart size baggies (no box), a half bag of tortilla chips, a silver container which I believe is half full of hot chocolate mix? It's hard to know because there are no lables. Anyway, long story short... guess who doesn't have to go grocery shopping this week!
- BeeBee now thinks she can go to the bathroom by herself. She can't. But she does. Yeah.